How random that we stopped there, off the highway, on our very first car trip with no parents and took this photo. The highway landscape was so flat, but there in the distance as we drew closer was a... skunk. We laughed so hard at it we almost gagged on our slurpees! So here it is. Can you believe it was more than 10 years ago?
"SQUIRT" - the skunkBorn In: 1992
Height: 13 Feet
Birthparent: Peter Soehn (Kelowna, BC)
"Some years ago it was decided that the Village of Beiseker needed a mascot which would leave a lasting impression on tourists and identify our community in particular. A public contest was held inviting ideas and drawings for a mascot. As a result, "Squirt" the skunk was adopted..."

1 comment:
That is awesome!!! I can't believe that Beiseker made its way into a crossword puzzle....How amazingly and perfectly random! I am so glad that you started this blog...I will have to get mine up and running again so we can keep in better touch. The game is on!!
Post a Comment